Sunday

Tribute to Sottsass


Ettore Sottsass (1917-2007) was one of the first names I heard when started getting familiar with IDesign. He was like a grandfather for ID and would always keep his own room in the world of Design as long as Aesthetics and struggle for spreading beauty do matter. Olivetti typewriter and Memphis Group respectively pushed Product Design and Design Thinking one step further. He says:" If today somebody comes to me for a new lighting fixture, we will work on it for at least 2-3 months, there was a time when I would have known at once, what this fixture should look like ... today I am not sure I know what to do and in which style to work ... the relationship with the public which is going to use the product has grown so complex ... that I simply don't know how to touch people I am not familiar with ... "

No comments: